Example Scripts for PostgreSQL
The scripts provided in this appendix are ready to run and were tested on the PostgreSQL database release 9.0.3. Most of the examples will also work on earlier releases.
- Anatomy of an Index
- The Where Clause
- Performance and Scalability
- The Join Operation
- Clustering Data
- Sorting and Grouping
- Partial Results
- Insert, Delete and Update
- Execution Plans
- Myth Directory
- Example Schema
- Seven Surprising Findings About DB2
- Meta-Post: New Mascot, New Language, New Database
- We need tool support for keyset pagination
- Finding All the Red M&Ms: A Story of Indexes and Full‑Table Scans
- What I learned about SQLite…at a PostgreSQL conference
- What’s left of NoSQL?
- Thank You MySQL, We’ll Miss You!
- Results of the SQL Performance Quiz: 60% fail
- Unreasonable Defaults: Primary Key as Clustering Key
- MongoDB is to NoSQL like MySQL to SQL — in the most harmful way